Monday, 27 January 2014
@Russell_Kane is coming to #BarnardCastle with @funnywaytobe
TV star brings work-in-progress show to
Join award-winning comedian Russell Kane as he tries out material ahead of a national tour in 2015.
In his first ever appearance in
, Kane will play
the newly-refurbished Witham Hall on Saturday 7 June for Funny Way To Be Comedy Club. Barnard Castle
This is your chance to see the host of
BBC Three’s Live At
The Electric in an intimate setting,
back on stage, doing what he does best.
Peter Dixon, of Funny Way To Be Comedy Club, said: "We are delighted to have Russell Kane perform for us as he prepares for his next show.
“I was thrilled when Russell got in touch himself having heard good things about our previous shows.
“The evening is going to be an intimate experience and a great chance for his fans in the North East to see him in a much smaller venue than he usually performs in."
Winner of the Edinburgh Comedy Award in 2010 and the Barry Award the following year, Kane has firmly established himself as one the best comics in the
A regular on both Radio and TV panel shows, Russell has appeared on Celebrity Juice (ITV), The Apprentice: You're Fired (BBC2), Set List (Sky Atlantic) and Morgan Spurlock's New Britannia (Sky Atlantic), Mock the Week (BBC2), 8 Out of 10 Cats (Channel 4), is a regular guest on The Wright Stuff (Five), It’s Your Round (BBC Radio 4), Just a Minute (BBC Radio 4), A Good Read (BBC Radio 4) and Britain’s Got More Talent (ITV2), to name but a few.
BBC Three show, Live
At The Electric, returned for a third
series in January 2014.
Tickets for Russell Kane (WIP) go on general sale at on Saturday 18 January from funnywaytobe.com, priced £15.
Russell joins a host of star-studded names coming to The Witham in the coming months:
· Former Edinburgh Comedy Award winner Jenny Éclair comes to town with an Eclarious new show on March 1st.
· The top American comedy trio The Reduced Shakespeare perform The Bible: The Complete Word of God (abridged) on the March 15th.
· Matt Richardson was a huge success hosting the Funny Way To Be comedy gala in September 2013, and he’s returning to
for his only North East date on
his first tour – Hometown Hero – on
March 22nd. Barnard Castle
· Another tour landing in Teesdale next year is Mike Wozniak’s fantastic Edinburgh Comedy Award-nominated show, Take the Hit, on April 26th.
· Funny Way To Be favourite Craig Campbell returns to
for our Whit Weekend show on May
24th. Barnard Castle
· Pete Firman brings his extraordinary magic show to The Witham on June 21st.
· Mock The Week star Jo Caulfield performs her new show, Better The Devil You Know, in
19th after a sell-out performance here in 2012. Barnard Castle
· And Lucy Beaumont and Patrick Monahan – who makes an appearance on the second series of ITV’s diving show Splash – close our summer season with previews of their brand new Edinburgh Fringe shows on July 26th.
All Funny Way To Be shows start at . Doors are .
Tickets for all
Funny Way To Be shows are on sale now at funnywaytobe.com.
A Tribute to George Michael Saturday 24th February 2018 7.30 pm Whitley Bay Playhouse Get ready for an unforgettable eve...
@MGStephenson and The Daintees with special guest @SimmaSinger @Sage_Gateshead 2/12 read all about it!http://www.daintees.co.uk/video In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the release of Boat to Bolivia – yes 30 years - 2016 has al...
#ShakinStevens @officialShaky Talks about his personal and musical evolution since the #80s #INTERVIEWSHAKIN STEVENS TALKS ABOUT HIS MUSICAL AND PERSONAL JOURNEY SINCE THE 80S Performing at Newcastle City Hall Thursday 25/5 T...